The Non-Hospital Medical and Surgical Facilities Accreditation Program (NHMSFAP) Committee is responsible for establishing accreditation standards, policies, rules, procedures and guidelines for the NHMSFAP to ensure the delivery of safe and high-quality services in private medical/surgical facilities in BC.
Position statements from the College provide background information and express or clarify the College’s intent on a particular matter. They are intended as guidance for stakeholders in areas where events are evolving or changing, the implementation of processes and procedures may be premature, the implementation of a guideline or standard may not be necessary, another credible body (e.g. professional association) has already established guidelines or standards, or it is timely to communicate the College’s broad intent before or as policies and procedures are developed.
New/revised position statements
Complete list of position statements
- Change of Ownership Transition
- Clinical Research in Non-Hospital Facilities
- Colonoscopy with Polypectomy
- Gluteal Fat Grafting
- Hair Restoration Procedures
- Handling Patient Requests for Return of Explanted Medical Devices, Human Tissue or Specimens
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) in Non-Hospital Facilities
- Inhaled Nitrous Oxide for Sedation and Analgesia