All medical staff in accredited non-hospital facilities in British Columbia must undergo an appointment process. Privileges at a non-hospital facility are requested through the medical director of the facility. The NHMSFAP reviews and verifies the privileges granted by the facility medical director.
The NHMSFAP policy Appointment of Medical Staff to Facilities is available here. The NHMSFAP Committee have adopted the BCMQI dictionaries as objective criteria for core, non-core, training, and experience requirements within each specialty. The dictionaries are available here.
Credentialing and privileging resources
- Guidelines for Appointment to a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility
- Checklist for Appointment to a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility
- Applications for Appointment to a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility
- Appropriate Procedures Lists
- Reference for Applicants for Privileges at a Non-Hospital Medical/Surgical Facility
- Registrant Designate Form
All medical staff must be reappointed on a yearly basis. The reapplication form is to be kept on file at the facility and a copy submitted to the NHMSFAP as outlined in the form or as requested.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.