Jump to navigation
Library staff are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, but library services and resources will be operational. Please make your Cites & Bytes requests by email to email@example.com or by using the website, if possible. We can receive requests by fax or voicemail. We recommend selecting email as your delivery option for any articles you would like to receive, as mail and meditrans delivery could be delayed. Please refer to the announcements on the right-hand side of the library website for updates.
PubMed is transitioning to a new interface. When logged in via the College library, teal CPSBC buttons will now appear on every PubMed citation. Click the button and either the article will appear, or you will be taken to a College library order form. We will deliver the article to you if available locally or let you know about other ordering options.
If you receive an "Article not found" error, please send us the citation. Staff are working hard to fix these but may not find every instance before the switch.
Cancer: 3, 16, 30, 35, 41Cardiovascular: 10, 14, 19, 24, 33, 42Communication: 28, 30, 43, BooksInfectious Diseases: 3, 6, 17, 20Mental Health: 31, 32, 34, BooksPain & Opioids: 8, 36, 37, 44Pediatrics: 13, 25, 30, 34, 37
1. Outpatient management of chronic asthma in 2020
2. Using a clinical process map to identify prescribing cascades in your patient
3. Human papillomavirus vaccination for adults: updated recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
4. Tailored regimes for combined hormonal contraceptives
5. Thyroid disease assessment and management: summary of NICE guidance
6. Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their inactivation with biocidal agents (6.1) and Aerosol and surface stability of SARS-CoV-2 as compared with SARS-CoV-1 (6.2)
7. Muscle weakness in adults: evaluation and differential diagnosis
8. The prescription opioid conundrum: 21st century solutions to a millennia-long problem
9. Evaluation and treatment of overactive bladder in women
10. Dyslipidemia management in adults with diabetes
11. Prevention of falls in community-dwelling older adults
12. Diagnostic and treatment of Parkinson disease: a review
13. Screening and counseling adolescents and young adults: a framework for comprehensive care
14. Practical use of direct oral anti coagulants (DOACs) in the older persons with atrial fibrillation
15. Intersection of biology and therapeutics: type 2 targeted therapeutics for adult asthma (15.1) and Systematic literature review of systemic corticosteroid use for asthma management (15.2)
16. Screening for colon cancer in older adults: risks, benefits, and when to stop
17. Noncandidal vaginitis: a comprehensive approach to diagnosis and management
18. Treatment of essential tremor: current status
19. Proton pump inhibitors and cardiovascular adverse effects: real or surreal worries?
20. Community-acquired group B streptococcal meningitis in adults
21. Hormone therapy for postmenopausal women
22. Acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding: evaluation and management
23. Telemedicine and emerging technologies for health care in allergy/immunology
24. Management of acute ischemic stroke
25. Diagnosis and management of pediatric dysphagia
26. Common medical concerns of the female athlete (26.1) and Part II: presentation, diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prevention of stress fractures in female athletes (26.2)
27. Cirrhosis: diagnosis and management
28. Patient discharge instructions in the emergency department and their effects of comprehensive and recall of discharge instructions: a systematic review and meta-analysis
29. Imaging findings of vaping-associated lung injury
30. Communication during childhood cancer: systematic review of patient perspectives (30.1) and Techniques to communicate better with parents during end-of-life scenarios in neonatology (30.2)
31. Suicidal behavior associated with mixed features in major mood disorders
32. Psychophysiological effects of dance movement therapy and physical exercise on older adults with mild dementia: a randomized controlled trial
33. Utilization and outcomes of measuring fractional flow reserve in patients with stable ischemic heart disease
34. Sustained impact of a sleep intervention and moderators of treatment outcome for children with ADHD: a randomized controlled trial
35. Magnitude of reduction in risk of second contralateral breast cancer with bilateral mastectomy in patients with breast cancer: data from California, 1998 through 2015
36. Graded chronic pain scale revised: mild, bothersome, and high-impact chronic pain
37. The reducing opioid use in children with clefts protocol: a multidisciplinary quality improvement effort to reduce perioperative opioid use in patients undergoing cleft surgery
38. 2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation guideline for the management of osteoarthritis of the hand, hip, and knee
39. Testosterone treatment in adult men with age-related low testosterone: a clinical guideline from the American College of Physicians
40. Guideline No. 395 – female genital cutting
41. European consensus-based interdisciplinary guideline for melanoma. Part 1: diagnostics – updated 2019
42. British Society for Rheumatology guideline on diagnosis and treatment of giant cell arteritis
43. Empowering patients to start a conversation: 5 questions to ask about your medications
44. Why are we still using opioids for osteoarthritis?
45. Can AI fix medical records?
Determinants of Indigenous peoples' health: beyond the social
Narrative therapy approaches for physical health problems: facilitating preferred change
Palliative psychology: clinical perspectives on an emerging specialty
Start with why: how great leaders inspire everyone to take action
Please note that the articles included in Cites & Bytes are for your information and are not considered College policy.