Jump to navigation
A new home for specialty articles
Starting this month, the Review articles will contain a new subheading, From the Specialties, where articles which particularly focus on specialty topics will be collected. We will be using data gathered from the previous year's Featured Specialty section to select the articles of greatest interest to Cites & Bytes readers.
Want to follow the literature on a specific specialty? Contact us to discuss setting up an automated search for your topic or specialty of interest.
1. "SOUND" BYTES. How should we manage adults with persistent unexplained physical symptoms?
2. "SOUND" BYTES. Management of chronic insomnia disorder in adults
3. "SOUND" BYTES. Beyond colonoscopy: the role of alternative screening tests for colorectal cancer in your practice
4. "SOUND" BYTES. Investigating easy bruising in an adult
5. Understanding palliative care and hospice: a review for primary care providers
6. Mechanisms, pathophysiology, and management of obesity
7. Gout: a guide for the general and acute physicians
8. Managing migraine
9. Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data
10. Twenty-year follow-up of kangaroo mother care versus traditional care
11. Medical care of the homeless; an American and international issue
12. Approach to fever in the returning traveler
13. Aldosterone pathway blockade to prevent atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis
14. Patient-centered care to address barriers for pregnant women with opioid dependence
15. Delirium: a guide for the general physician
16. Adolescent patellar instability
17. Tonsillectomy versus watchful waiting for recurrent throat infection: a systematic review
19. Affirmative psychological testing and neurocognitive assessment with transgender adults
20. Long-acting reversible contraception
21. Anemia: evaluation and diagnostic tests
22. Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary adenomas: a review
23. Autoimmune arthritides, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or peripheral spondyloarthritis following Lyme disease (23.1) and Manifestations of Lyme carditis (23.2)
24. Antiplatelet agents and the prevention of spontaneous preterm birth: a systematic review and meta-analysis
25. Complications of shoulder arthroplasty
26. Tonsillectomy for obstructive sleep-disordered breathing: a meta-analysis
27. Spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage
28. Premenopausal abnormal uterine bleeding and risk of endometrial cancer
29. Pulmonary sarcoidosis: an update
30. FROM THE SPECIALTIES. Clinical mimics: an emergency medicine-focused review of stroke mimics
31. FROM THE SPECIALTIES. Systematic therapy for metastatic renal-cell carcinoma
32. FROM THE SPECIALTIES. Advances in 3-dimensional printing in otolaryngology: a review
33. FROM THE SPECIALTIES. Skin antisepsis with chlorhexidine versus iodine for the prevention of surgical site infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis
34. FROM THE SPECIALTIES. Psychiatric emergencies for clinicians: emergency department management of benzodiazepine withdrawal
35. Continuous glucose monitoring vs conventional therapy for glycemic control in adults with type 1 diabetes treated with multiple daily insulin injections: the GOLD randomized clinical trial
36. Radiation with or without antiandrogen therapy in recurrent prostate cancer
37. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and poststroke epilepsy: a population-based nationwide study
38. Removal of all ovarian tissue versus conserving ovarian tissue at time of hysterectomy in premenopausal patients with benign disease: study using routine data and data linkage
39. Testosterone treatment and coronary artery plaque volume in older men with low testosterone
40. Opioid-prescribing patterns of emergency physicians and risk of long-term use
41. Extended mortality results for prostate cancer screening in the PLCO trial with median follow-up of 15 years
42. Pregnancy outcomes in women with endometriosis: a national record linkage study
43. Hypermobility and musculoskeletal pain in adolescents
44. Constipation in older people: a consensus statement
45. Management of premenstrual syndrome
46. Diagnosis of cystic fibrosis: consensus guidelines from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
47. Nomenclature and diagnosis of gluten-related disorders: a position statement by the Italian Association of Hospital Gastroenterologists and Endoscopists (AIGO)
To access the lectures, go to the library's Audiovisual webpage. In the Lectures section, click on "Please click here for access details". You will be asked to login. Once you have logged in, you will see instructions on how to login to Audio-Digest and download the mp3 files.
Environmental toxins in everyday life
Managing colonic diseases
Update on women's health
Update in geriatric care
Maternal mental health
Update on child and adolescent psychiatry
To access eBooks, login will be required. Please note eBooks are not available to borrow.
[Current diagnosis and treatment] Critical care medicine, 1st ed.
Current practice guidelines in primary care, 2017 ed.
Meyler's side effects of drugs, 16th ed.
Principles and practice of sleep medicine, 6th ed.
48. The exercise paradox (48.1) and Rudeness and medical team performance (48.2) and The impact of social marketing campaigns on reducing mental health stigma: results from the 2009-2014 Time to Change programme (48.3)
Please note that the articles included in Cites & Bytes are for your information and are not considered College policy.