Jump to navigation
Exam Time is coming!
Studying for exams? Exam preparation resources are listed in one convenient location on the College library website, including tutorials, recommended reading, and self-evaluation tools. Best of luck with your exams!
This month's featured specialities are: endocrinology and rheumatology.
1. The state of the art: atrial fibrillation epidemiology, prevention, and treatment (1.1) and Alcohol and atrial fibrillation: a sobering review (1.2)
2. Alpha blockers for treatment of ureteric stones: systematic review and meta-analysis
3. Unexplained lymphadenopathy: evaluation and differential diagnosis
5. Cardiovascular risk assessment: a systematic review of guidelines
6. Inappropriate prescribing in older persons: a systematic review of medications available in different criteria
7. Advances in the medical management of skin and soft tissue infections
8. Hormone therapy and other treatments for symptoms of menopause (8.1) and Genitourinary syndrome of menopause: an overview of clinical manifestations, pathophysiology, etiology, evaluation, and management (8.2)
9. Point-of-care ultrasonography for primary care physicians and general internists
10. Runner’s diarrhea: what is it, what causes it, and how can it be prevented?
11. Thrombosis, hypercoagulable states,
12. Acute bacterial meningitis in adults
13. Pet-related infections
14. The effects of opioids on the endocrine system: an overview
15. Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer in individuals with previous colorectal neoplasia: systematic review and network meta-analysis
16. Postpartum depression
17. Aquatic antagonists: cutaneous sea urchin spine injury
18. Acute monoarthritis: diagnosis in adults
19. Screening for history of traumatic brain injury among women exposed to intimate partner violence
20. Von Willebrand’s disease
21. Chemical agents for the sedation of agitated patients in the ED: a systematic review
22. Renal transplantation in adults
23. An update on the management of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
24. Benefit and harm of adding ketamine to an opioid in a patient-controlled analgesia device for the control of postoperative pain: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials with trial sequential analyses
25. Male genital self-mutilation: a systematic review of psychiatric disorders and psychosocial factors
26. Complementary therapies in addition to medication for patients with nonchronic, nonradicular low back pain: a systematic review
27. Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: an elusive syndrome
28. The human intestinal microbiome in health and disease
29. Efficacy of house dust mite sublingual immunotherapy tablet in North American adolescents and adults in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial
30. Shared decision making in patients with low risk chest pain: prospective randomized pragmatic trial
31. Incident and long-term opioid therapy among patients with psychiatric conditions and medications: a national study of commercial health care claims
32. Performance of the Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescription Medication, and other Substance Use (TAPS) tool for substance use screening in primary care patients
33. Development of a clinical prediction score for congestive heart failure diagnosis in the emergency care setting: the Brest score
34. Open-label placebo treatment in chronic low back pain: a randomized controlled trial
35. Testosterone treatment and risk of venous thromboembolism: population based case-control study
36. Exercises and dry needling for subacromial pain syndrome: a randomized parallel-group trial
37. Statin use for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in adults: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement
38. Clinical policy: critical issues in the evaluation and management of adult patients presenting to the emergency department with acute carbon monoxide poisoning
39. 2016 revisions to the 2010/2011 fibromyalgia diagnostic criteria
To access the lectures, go to the library's Audiovisual webpage. In the Lectures section, click on "Please click here for access details". You will be asked to login. Once you have logged in, you will see instructions on how to login to Audio-Digest and download the mp3 files.
Alcoholism / Vitamin D
An update on lung disease
Depresssion and anxiety
Sleep disorders / Refractory mood disorders
40. Gotta catch’em all! Pokémon GO and physical activity among young adults... (40.1) and For adults with nausea and vomiting in the emergency department, what medications... (40.2) and When your patient is a survivor of torture (40.3)
Differential diagnosis in obstetrics and gynaecology: an a-z
Geri-RxFiles : assessing medications in older adults
Human sexuality in a world of diversity
Transcultural heath care: a culturally competent approach
Whiplash injuries: diagnosis and treatment
41. ENDOCRINOLOGY. 2016 ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias.The Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) developed with the special
42. ENDOCRINOLOGY. Drug therapies in type 2 diabetes: an era of personalized medicine
43. ENDOCRINOLOGY. Hormonal replacement in hypopituitarism in adults: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline
44. ENDOCRINOLOGY. Evidence-based guidelines for the management of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency after pancreatic surgery
45. ENDOCRINOLOGY. Role of metabolism in neurodegenerative disorders
46. RHEUMATOLOGY. Treatments for lupus nephritis: a systematic review and network metaanalysis
47. RHEUMATOLOGY. Imaging of osteoarthritis (OA): what is new?
48. RHEUMATOLOGY. What is the impact of biologic therapies on common co-morbidities in patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
49. RHEUMATOLOGY. The use of neck support pillows and postural exercises in the management of chronic neck pain
50. RHEUMATOLOGY. Development and first validation of a disease activity score for gout.
51. RHEUMATOLOGY. Rheumatologic diseases as the cause of fever of unknown origin
Please note that the articles included in Cites & Bytes are for your information and are not considered College policy.