Library services and resources are eligible for continuing professional development credits through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program or the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) MAINPRO program.
NOTE: The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada's website is optimized using Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Articles sent to registrants - including those ordered from the Cites & Bytes - are eligible for credits under Section 2 of the Royal College’s MOC Program: Section 2 - journal reading.
- Audio-Digest podcasts are eligible for credits through the Royal College’s MOC Program - podcasts, audiotapes and videotapes.
- Lectures may be claimed for credits in the CFPC in the MAINPRO program.
Bibliographies - To request a bibliography on a specific clinical question from the College library, please fill out the literature request form
- CFPC members - bibliographies regarding clinical queries are eligible for step 2 of a Pearls exercise
- Royal College members - bibliographies supporting a personal learning project may be uploaded to MAINPORT.
Workshops – Finding Medical Evidence is a 4-hour workshop offered by the library and acredited by the UBC-CPD program. Finding Medical Evidence is eligible for:
College of Family Physicians of Canada
The CFPC provides a variety of programs and services to family physicians in meeting their continuing professional development goals through numerous programs. Information can be found on their Continuing Professional Development page.
- As of 2015 changes have been made to the MAINPRO system, Self Learning program, and the Pearls program and ePEARLS tool.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-387-6197 (extension 560).
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Maintenance of Certification (MOC) is available on the Royal College website. Please contact the Royal College if you have any questions regarding about the MOC Program.
Contact information: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) at 1-800-461-9598 or email@example.com.
UBC Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine Continuing Professional Development portal provides a list of courses, programs and resources accredited for either Royal College MOC credits or CFPC MAINPRO® credits.