Jump to navigation
July Highlights:Cardiovascular Diseases: #3, 5, 15, 17, 23, 36C. difficile Infections: #9, 39Diabetes: #7, 14Menstrual-Related: #27, 38, 46Mental Health: #8, 11, 18, 20, 26Opioids: #12, 33, 40, 50Screening & Testing: #8, 10, 23, 24, 30
1. Discussing human papilloma virus vaccination
2. Drug-induced excess hair growth
3. What is the utility of thrombolytic therapy for acute deep venous thrombosis?
4. Treatment of NASH: what helps beyond weight loss?
5. Drug therapy in anticoagulation: which drug for which patient?
6. Acute and chronic urticaria: evaluation and treatment
7. Diabetic foot ulcers and their recurrence
8. Screening adults for depression in primary care
9. Association of gastric acid suppression with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis
10. Prostate biopsy-related infection: a systematic review of risk factors, prevention strategies, and management approaches
11. Alzheimer disease: pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic therapies for cognitive and functional symptoms
12. A comprehensive clinical review of opioid-induced allodynia: discussion of the current evidence and clinical implications
13. Making dysphagia easier to swallow: a review for the practicing clinician
14. Higher concentration insulins: an overview of clinical considerations
15. Acute myocardial infarction
16. Thyrotoxicosis: investigation and management
17. Clinical management of iron deficiency anemia in adults: systemic review on advances in diagnosis and treatment
18. Sleep disorders: assessment and treatment in preschool-aged children
19. Effectiveness of progesterone, cerclage and pessary for preventing preterm birth in singleton pregnancies: a systematic review and network meta-analysis
20. Social anxiety disorder
21. Refractive eye surgery: helping patients make informed decisions about LASIK
22. Complementary and integrative medicine in the management of headache
23. Cardiovascular risk assessment
24. The role of genetic testing in patients with breast cancer: a review
25. Common toxidromes in movement disorder neurology
26. Post-traumatic stress disorder
27. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
28. Solid tumors of the spleen: evaluation and management
29. Advances in progressive supranuclear palsy: new diagnostic criteria, biomarkers, and therapeutic approaches
30. Total-body photography in skin cancer screening: the clinical utility of standardized imaging
31. Lyme disease: emergency department considerations
32. Geriatric infectious diseases: current concepts on diagnosis and management
33. Intrathecal morphine in spine surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
34. A meta-analysis of studies comparing outcomes of diverse acellular dermal matrices for implant-based breast reconstruction
35. Somatic symptom disorder in dermatology
36. Benefits of statin therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction with serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol ≤50 mg/dl
37. Trial of cannabidiol for drug-resistant seizures in the Dravet syndrome
38. Neurokinin 3 receptor antagonism as a novel treatment for menopausal hot flushes: a phase 2, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
39. Successful resolution of recurrent Clostridium difficile infection using freeze-dried, encapsulated fecal microbiota: pragmatic cohort study
40. Ketamine as an adjunct to opioids for acute pain in the emergency department: a randomized controlled trial
41. Efficacy of recombinant influenza vaccine in adults 50 years of age or older
42. Effect of early tranexamic acid administration on mortality, hysterectomy, and other morbidities in women with post-partum haemorrhage (WOMAN): an international, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
43. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): diagnosis and management. BC Guidelines
44. Management of breech presentation
45. Health and public policy to facilitate effective prevention and treatment of substance use disorders involving illicit and prescription drugs: an American College of Physicians position paper
46. No. 345: primary dysmenorrhea consensus guideline
47. Management of term infants at increased risk for early-onset bacterial sepsis
To access the lectures, go to the library's Audiovisual webpage. In the Lectures section, click on "Please click here for access details". You will be asked to login. Once you have logged in, you will see instructions on how to login to Audio-Digest and download the mp3 files.
Anticoagulated patients / Concussion
Alzheimer disease / Hepatitis B
Advances in management of infectious disease
Cyclic vomiting / Celiac disease
Migraine / Addiction and chronic pain
Endocarditis / Listeriosis
Diagnosis and management of obstructive sleep apnea
Update on antipsychotic drugs and electroconvulsive therapy
To access eBooks, login will be required. Please note eBooks are not available to borrow.
Evidence-based neurology: management of neurological disorders, 2nd ed.
Evidence-based physical diagnosis, 4th ed.
Guide to diagnostic tests, 7th ed.
Posttraumatic and acute stress disorders, 6th ed.
48. Medical assistance in dying: implementing a hospital-based program in Canada
49. The messy truth about weight loss
50. Changes in US lifetime heroin use and heroin use disorders: prevalence from the 2001-2002 to 2012-2013 National Epidemiologic Survey on alcohol and related conditions
Please note that the articles included in Cites & Bytes are for your information and are not considered College policy.