Medical Record Keeping For Physicians (Psychiatry)
$556.50 ($530 course fee + $26.50 GST) for non-registrants
This course is a one-day interactive workshop for psychiatrists. The course is delivered in an interactive format using case-based examples and simulated patient encounters to demonstrate the practice of effective clinical record keeping.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the regulatory requirements of the medical record
- CMPA, Medical Services Commission (MSC) and College
- discuss types of physician-patient encounters
- psychotherapy termination
- risk management/safety
- demonstrate how to document encounters appropriately
- apply medical record keeping standards efficiently to case examples
- share innovations from practice
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 6.0 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. Each physician should claim only those credits he/she actually spent in the activity.
Inquiries: 604-733-7758 extension 2395