Annual licence renewal begins January 1, 2015. Here’s what you need to know.
BEFORE YOU START
Use the right technology and systems
- The Annual Licence Renewal Form is best experienced using a PC or a Mac. Mobile devices or smart phones, including iPads, are not yet supported.
- It is best practice to have the most recent version of a web browser installed on your computer.
- Optimum browsers include Internet Explorer 9, Safari 5, Firefox 14 or better.
- Optimum operating systems include Windows 8 or OSX 9 or better.
- Lower versions, other operating systems or browsers may cause viewing problems.
Gather your documents
- Your BC driver’s licence
- Your method of payment (debit or credit card, or online banking details)
- Your CPD cycle date
HOW TO RENEW YOUR LICENCE
The College underwent a significant database upgrade earlier in November, which required registrants to reset their password on the College website. If you haven’t logged into the website following the upgrade, you will need to reset your password before you can log in to complete your licence renewal. To begin your licence renewal you will need your CPSID and password.
TIP: Learn more about logging in to the College website at https://www.cpsbc.ca/login-qa.
- Click 2015 Annual Licence Renewal
Once logged in, you will land on the My Tasks page. Click on the 2015 Annual Licence Renewal link.
- Confirm/update contact information
You can add or edit contact information in this section of the form. A maximum of one home address and up to two business addresses can be stored. Please identify one business address as a primary address for contact. To permanently delete an address from the College database, you must contact the help desk at 604-733-7758 extension 2631.
TIP: Log in to the College website to update your primary business address and email before January—this will save you some time during the renewal process.
IMPORTANT—At least one contact address and phone number must be provided to the College, which is published and accessible in the online directory on the website. If you have only provided the College with a home address, it will be published. Please ensure you have made the necessary updates by adding a business address—this could be a PO Box address.
The entire process should not take more than 15 minutes.
Most questions remain the same on the 2015 Annual Licence Renewal Form and some have been updated or slightly altered in their appearance to ensure a positive user experience.
At the end of the questions and prior to submitting the online form, registrants will be asked to certify that the information provided is truthful, accurate and complete. The College expects registrants to complete their own Annual Licence Renewal Form. It is not acceptable for registrants to ask a medical office assistant, spouse or partner to complete the form on their behalf.
- Submit form and payment
Your 2015 renewal fee of $1,590 can be paid in one of three ways online:
- By credit card
- By Interac® Online
- Use your BMO, RBC, Scotiabank, or TD Canada Trust debit card.
- By online banking
- Go to your online bank, log in and set up the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC as a payee.
- Submit a payment exactly like you would do with a hydro or cable bill.
- Confirmation email and receipts
Once your form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from the College.
You can view and print your receipts by accessing the Financial tab under My Account.
More details on licence renewal will be sent to registrants via email in December.