Jump to navigation
New: “Sound" Bytes. The new "Sound" Bytes section will highlight some very short but high quality articles which present a summary of a clinical topic. We hope that these practical synopses will make it easier to fit new evidence into your busy workload.Featured Specialties sectionThis month will be the last instance of the Featured Specialties section. Starting with the March issue of Cites & Bytes, we will highlight specialty articles in a new way. This month’s featured specialties are: anesthesiology and dermatology.
1. "SOUND" BYTES. Intra-articular corticosteroids for osteoarthritis of the knee
2. "SOUND" BYTES. Novel psychoactive substances: identifying and managing acute and chronic harmful use
3. "SOUND" BYTES. Mucosal impedance: a new way to diagnose reflux disease and how it could change your practice
4. "SOUND" BYTES. Nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence in women
5. Management of atrial fibrillation in elderly adults
6. A review: fentanyl and non-pharmaceutical fentanyls
7. Insomnia from drug treatments: evidence from meta-analyses of randomized trials and concordance with prescribing information
8. Thyroid nodules: a guide to assessment, treatment and follow-up
9. Meta-analysis of major bleeding events on aspirin versus vitamin K antagonists in randomized trials
10. Spectrum of drug-induced chronic diarrhea
11. New-onset seizure in adults and adolescents: a review
12. Screening for colorectal neoplasia (12.1) and ECCO essential requirements for quality cancer care: colorectal cancer (12.2)
13. Diagnosing early cognitive decline: when, how and for whom?
14. Management of distal deep vein thrombosis
15. Management of psoriatic arthritis: early diagnosis, monitoring of disease severity and cutting edge therapies
16. Screening for celiac disease in irritable bowel syndrome: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis
17. Best clinical practice: current controversies in the evaluation of low-risk chest pain with risk stratification aids. Part 2
18. Lung cancer: current therapies and new target treatments
19. Problem drinking and depression in older adults with multiple chronic health conditions
20. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and prospective cohort studies of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic long-chain omega-3 fatty acids and coronary heart risk disease risk
21. Diagnosis and management of microscopic colitis
22. Viral bronchiolitis
23. Auditory verbal hallucinations: neuroimaging and treatment
24. Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
25. A review of the available clinical therapies for vulvodynia management and new date implicating proinflammatory mediators in pain elicitation
26. Biomarkers in search of precision medicine in IBD
27. A systematic review of injecting-related injury and disease among people who inject drugs
28. Intravenous beta-blockers in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysis
29. Clinical mimics: an emergency medicine-focused review of sepsis mimics
30. Local anaesthesia during endometrial ablation: a systematic review
31. ECCO essential requirements for quality cancer care: soft tissue sarcoma in adults and bone sarcoma. A critical review
32. External validation and comparison of three prediction tools for risk of osteoporotic fractures using data from population based electronic health records: retrospective cohort study
33. Management and outcomes of bleeding events in patients in the emergency department taking warfarin or a non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulant
34. Persistent pain after motor vehicle collision: comparative effectiveness of opioids vs nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs prescribed from the emergency department—a propensity matched analysis
35. Dry care versus antiseptics for umbilical cord care: a cluster randomized trial
36. Effects of buprenorphine on QT intervals in healthy subjects: results of 2 randomized positive- and placebo-controlled trials
37. Should recommendations about starting inhaled corticosteroid treatment for mild asthma be based on symptom frequency: a post-hoc efficacy analysis of the START study
38. Comparison of risk scoring systems for patients presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding: international multicentre prospective study
39. ACG clinical guideline: treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection
40. Pharmacologic treatment of hypertension in adults aged 60 years or older to higher versus lower blood pressure targets: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Family Physicians
41. AGS position statement: making medical treatment decisions for unbefriended older adults
42. ACG clinical guideline: evaluation of abnormal liver chemistries
To access eBooks, login will be required. Please note eBooks are not available to borrow.
Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics, 13th ed.
Clinical Pharmacology during Pregnancy
Conn’s Current Therapy
Hazzard’s geriatric medicine and gerontology, 7th ed.
43. Executive leadership and physician well-being: nine organizational strategies to promote...(43.1) and The effect of watching funny and unfunny videos on post-surgical (43.2)...and Are rapidly growing cancers more lethal? (43.3)
44. ANESTHESIOLOGY. The optimal analgesic block for total knee arthroplasty.
45. ANESTHESIOLOGY. Implementation of programmed intermittent epidural bolus for the maintenance of labor analgesia
46. ANESTHESIOLOGY. Local versus general anesthesia in transcatheter aortic valve replacement
47. ANESTHESIOLOGY. Breaththrough cancer pain: twenty-five years of study
48. ANESTHESIOLOGY. Effect of topical morphine on acute and chronic postmastectomy pain: what is the optimum dose?
49. ANESTHESIOLOGY. The effect of preoperative pregabalin on postoperative nausea and vomiting: a meta-analysis
50. DERMATOLOGY. Definition of sensitive skin: an expert position paper from the Special Interest Group on Sensitive Skin of the International Forum for the Study of Itch
51. DERMATOLOGY. Acral manifestations of fungal infections
52. DERMATOLOGY. Chemical photoallergy: photobiochemical mechanisms, classification, and risk assessments
53. DERMATOLOGY. Exploring the psychological profile of patients with delusional infestation
54. DERMATOLOGY. Patch testing for adverse drug reactions
Please note that the articles included in Cites & Bytes are for your information and are not considered College policy.